Friday, June 30, 2006

The Evangelicals are So Gone

Are you there God? It's me, Athiest.

I react to certain things by flailing my arms and running in the opposite direction. Examples include "Newark, NJ", "Robert Bateman", "Monty Pytho-" *slap*, and band names enamored with religious connotations. However, if Christian bands are busy calling themselves Underoath, bands naming themselves Evangelicals may be filled with pseudo-apathetic pop witticisms.

I must remind myself not to be tricked. I have discovered from statistical investigations that we live in a world of irony, reminiscent of the continuum of a hampster wheel. With the assistance of their My Space slogan "Evangelicals arrive at 6/6/6", I was able to bi-pass my innate predjudice to their title. This is where the door flung open to dive into their sensory blooming(dale) energies.

The Evangelicals are the red balloon that drifts around in the sky forever without popping. While this indicates that they may be superhuman, I concede that if they morphed into cotton candy they would immediately seek the habitat of warm (chlorine) pool water, where they would gracefully disintegrate, embellished by a fury of alternating water currents.

Their most sincere revelation is somewhere between "Hello Jenn, I'm a Mess" and "Diving". Follow their spiritual guidance at [My Space] or where their heaven becomes earth at [Misra Records].

I too, am a mess.

-Tara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stockmarket Crash and Evangelicals are both from Oklahoma...weird! They dont sound anything alike but I think I need to move. I also saw that both Colour music and EV's were on the Stockmaerket Cash myspace... I am moving!!