Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Fly Mordecai, Fly

So, I suppose this is a departure. A call to arms, a random dispersion, a duck crossing the street in front of a car. I'm leaving, to go, go go - and that's it I guess.

Will this be a post of musical concoctions? I don't even really know anymore. I don't know how much I am going to have to say about things like that. My iPod is synched, and this is it. 8 months. No new music, essentially. Though I'll still fork out $1 US for an album to some British import pirating his way through an entreprenuership in Phnom Penh - sure. You take what you can get.

What hurts a little:

a) Yesayer , and the lack there of:
I have tried almost daily to see if this leaked onto my favourite BitTorrent, but it hasn't. I have '2080' and 'Sunrise', which are enough to calm my mind with their benevolent energy, and 'Final Path' for icing on the cake - but, ah(!) - All Hour's Cymbals will have to wait.

b) if Radiohead plays Canada:
Working on an album to come in 2007, and now 2008. Yes, we all know what that means: tour. Radiohead, 2003. That's all I have to say. If such a situation rearises and I happen to be overseas, I might think something like "hey, this is like when Ravi Shankar played Calgary when I was in India."

c) My stereo system is in a storage room.
So, everything stacks nicely before the slant in the ceiling, but...I am now, only, headphones. For acceptance: Low, because Drums and Guns should be had on headphones.

d) On a certain Saturday night.
Animal Collective is playing in Vancouver the night I fly out. Yes - I'll be wading over the International Dateline as Avey Tare spastically pours all over the Commodore. That's kind of great, I suppose.

Oh, and considering that music will soon stop being spoon fed to me by my own personal laptop; this just became a travel blog.

A travel blog: listen to me be erratic and explorative and enlightened and naive, here on these pages of ones and zeros. This is the ether.

-Tara

No comments: